|about | r&d | publications | courses | people | links|
|Contract Number:||FP6 - 027026|
|Full Name||Knowledge Space of semantic inference for automatic annotation and retrieval of multimedia content|
|Participants||QMUL, Uni Ko-Ld, JRS, CERTH, DCU, CWI, GET, INA, EURECOM, GU, DFKI, TUB, EPFL, UEP|
|Duration||2006-2008 (36 months)|
|Description||K-Space is a network of leading research teams from academia and industry conducting integrative research and dissemination activities in semantic inference for automatic and semi-automatic annotation and retrieval of multimedia content. K-Space exploits the complementary expertise of project partners, enables resource optimization and fosters innovative research in the field. The aim of K-Space research is to narrow the gap between low-level content descriptions that can be computed automatically by a machine and the richness and subjectivity of semantics in high-level human interpretations of audiovisual media: The Semantic Gap. Specifically, K-Space integrative research focus on three areas:
- Content-based multimedia analysis: Tools and methodologies for low-level signal processing, object segmentation, audio/speech processing and text analysis, and audiovisual content structuring and description.
- Knowledge extraction: Building of a multimedia ontology infrastructure, knowledge acquisition from multimedia content, knowledge-assisted multimedia analysis, context based multimedia mining and intelligent exploitation of user relevance feedback.
- Semantic multimedia: knowledge representation for multimedia, distributed semantic management of multimedia data, semantics-based interaction with multimedia and multimodal media analysis. An objective of the Network is to implement an open and expandable framework for collaborative research based on a common reference system. Specific dissemination objectives of K-Space include:
- To disseminate the technical developments of the network across the broad research community
- To boost technology transfer to industry and contribute to related standardisation activities.
|print this page||back|