|about | r&d | publications | courses | people | links|
Image, Video & Multimedia Systems Laboratory
Computer Science Division
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
National Technical University of Athens
|Giorgos Akrivas was born in Athens, Greece, in
1975. In 1993 he was admitted in the Department of Electrical and
Computer Engineering of National Technical University of Athens, he
majored on the fields of computers, software and networks and
graduated in 1999. Since 1999 he is a PhD candidate at Image, Video
& Multimedia Systems Laboratory (IVML), in Computer Science
Division of NTUA, under the supervision of Prof. Stefanos Kollias.
Until now, his research interests have been focused on:
(i) digital video processing: MPEG-1, shot detection, content-based retrieval,
(ii) description of multimedia content: MPEG-7, metadata, XML, RDF.
(iii) fuzzy information retrieval: fuzzy relations, possibility distributions, fuzzy query analysis, semantic encyclopedia, fuzzy thesauri.
A. Participation in Projects:
1. EPEAEK: "Web Site and Data Bank for the Directorate of Special Education - Ministry of National Education and Religion".
3. Project PENED 99ED 478: "Development of tools for the implementation of the MPEG-4 standard".
4. MODULATES: Multimedia Organization for Developing the Understanding and Learning of Advanced Technologies in European Schools.
5. IST-1999-20502: "FAETHON: Unified Intelligent Access to Heterogeneous Audiovisual Content".
6. Digital archiving system of audiovisual material of the Greek ministry of press and mass media.
7. PANORAMA, intelligent search and mining system for databases of audiovisual documents.
B. Teaching assistance and laboratory support:
1. Digital Image Processing: 7th semester of Electrical & Computer Engineering Department (undergraduate).
2. Image Technology and Multimedia Systems: 8th semester of Electrical & Computer Engineering Department (undergraduate).
C. Support of graduate diploma theses (under the supervision of Prof. Kollias):
1. Representation of audiovisual structures using XML Schema, by E. Karakoylakis.
2. Access to multimedia databases, by G. Pateropoulou.
download bibtex file
|Mid Term Report
|Giorgos V. Akrivas|
|Description and recognition of composite visual entities|
|download (english pdf file)|
|download (greek pdf file)|